How to Apply for Admissions
Visit the admissions office on the second floor, room 207, and we'll give you the necessary forms, and answer any questions you may have. During certain times of the year, you may also
click here to APPLY ONLINE.
Students interested in taking a class at Capital Community College as a Non-Degree student
If you are interested in taking a class or two at Capital Community College to transfer back to your home institution please read the following;
- Complete the application for admission.
- Pay the $20 application fee. If you have already paid the fee at one of the 12 Community Colleges in Connecticut, you do not have to pay the application fee again.
- If you wish to take a course that has a pre-requisite, you will need to fill out the Pre-requisite Waiver Form. The Pre-requisite Waiver Form can be found under the Forms tab above. The Pre-requisite Waiver Form will explain the process. The form and a student copy of your college transcript will need to be faxed to the Counseling Office. The Counseling Office will review your college transcript and remove the pre-requisite hold on the course if you are eligible to register for it.
Tuition & Fees
The Tuition & Fees page contains the costs for the academic year.
Placement Testing assures that students are enrolled in courses appropriate for their skill level. Tests are taken after the student has applied for admission and received their Banner Student ID Number. The Placement Testing Home Page contains the testing schedule and an interactive sample placement test.
For complete information about enrolling at Capital, please see our College Catalog.
Candidates for Admission
Candidates for admission to associate degree and certificate programs must be high school graduates or have a state high school equivalency certificate. Individual programs may have specific requirements, which can be found in the college catalog.
Special Student Status - Non Degree
Applicants interested in individual courses are not required to hold a high school diploma or its equivalent. Applicants must, however, have the appropriate background to achieve success in the course. They must submit an application using the non-degree code and must pay the $20 non-refundable application fee.
Procedure for Admission
- Obtain an application from the Enrollment Services Office or apply on-line
- Return the completed application along with a $20 non-refundable application fee to the Enrollment Services Office. This fee is paid only once, and the check or money order should be made payable to CCC.
- Submit a copy of your high school transcript showing graduation or a copy of your diploma or General Equivalency Diploma to the Enrollment Services Office. Individuals who do not intend to enroll in degree or certificate programs and who are not applying for financial aid may indicate non-degree on the application and need not submit a transcript.
- If you were born after 1956 you must also submit proof of immunization as required by Connecticut state law*.Click here for more information.
Students Of Varying Backgrounds
We can accommodate students coming from a wide range of backgrounds, including...
Back To Top
Selective Admissions Programs
Certain academic programs have more stringent admissions requirements due to the specific nature of the program, or the course work involved. These include...
Back To Top
For More Information...
Please review the College Catalog for more information, including...
- Immunization Information
- Cross-Registration with Other Colleges
- Advanced Placement of High School Students
- High School Partnership Program
- Transfer Opportunities for Capital Students
Back To Top
Admission Office Hours
- Monday - 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Tuesday - 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Wednesday - 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Thursday - 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Friday - 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
The Admission's Office is located on the 2nd floor in Room 207.