ALL POTENTIAL GRADUATES MUST FILE FOR GRADUATION
CHECKLIST FOR DEGREE AND CERTIFICATE CANDIDATES
You must schedule an appointment with your faculty advisor or see your counselor
(appointments are not necessary) to make certain that you have met all academic
requirements. A completed and signed Graduation Audit must be on file in the
Make sure you are program-enrolled and your official High School transcript
is on file. Your counselor or faculty advisor can help you determine this.
If you are transferring college credits, make certain that you have
completed a Transfer Credit Evaluation Form and that your official transcript(s)
has been received, reviewed, and transfer credit awarded by the
Enrollment Services Office.
All Financial obligations to the College must be met. This includes any
outstanding Business Office, Library or Lab School obligations.
The conferring of academic degrees is a tradition that dates back to the 12th century and is regarded as an important rite of passage for students and their families. While commencement is a time for celebration, please be mindful of this respected tradition and preserve the ceremony by behaving with decorum and respect.
COMMENCEMENT DAY GUIDELINES FOR STUDENTS AND THEIR FAMILIES
- To allow ample time for parking and seating, please plan to arrive least a half hour early.
- Doors will open one hour prior to the beginning of the ceremony.
- Latecomers will be admitted at the discretion of ushers only.
- Seating is on a first come, first served basis; you may not reserve or hold seats.
- Please do not bring children under the age of 4. The attention span of young children is limited, and to subject them to this long event is precarious. It is not fair to the children or to the other guests at commencement, should those children, understandably, cry or act up.
- Please limit talking and noise during the ceremony.
- phones and other electronic devices must be turned off.
- Please remain seated throughout the ceremony until the recessional is complete.
Adhering to these guidelines will ensure that you and your guests
have the most enjoyable day possible.
If you have any questions concerning graduation,
contact the Office of the Dean of Student Services at