Admission Requirements -
Students may transfer to CCC from other colleges for any term. In addition to following the procedures for admission into a program, transfer students must have forwarded an official transcript from any other college(s) attended and must file a request for transfer evaluation in the Enrollment Services Office. The transcript must be mailed directly from the previous college to the Enrollment Services Office at CCC.
After the transcript evaluation has been completed, a copy will be mailed to the transfer student.
Transfer – Acceptance of Credit at Community Colleges
At all community colleges, degree and certificate credit shall be granted only for credit courses completed at all institutions within the Connecticut state system of higher education and at all other accredited collegiate institutions accredited by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation as either a Regional Accrediting Organization or a Specialized and Professional Accrediting Organization in accordance with the following:
- Degree and certificate credit shall be granted for all credit courses that are applicable to the objectives of, or equivalent to the course requirements of, the curriculum in which the transferring student enrolls. Credit work that is not applicable or equivalent to curriculum requirements shall be accepted for credit at the discretion of the college. Degree and certificate credit shall also be granted on the basis of performance on examinations in accordance with standards and limits approved by the board of trustees.
- Degree and certificate credit shall be granted for credit courses completed with a letter grade of “C-minus” or better, or with a grade of “P” (Pass). Such credit courses shall be accepted only for credit, and letter grades assigned by other institutions shall not be recorded or included in computations of student grade point averages.
- Notwithstanding the number of degree or certificate which shall be granted in accordance with the foregoing, the student must complete at least twenty-five percent of the minimum credit requirements for the degree or certificate through coursework at the college awarding the degree or certificate.
- When a student seeks transfer credit for technical or specialty courses into a program that is also accredited by a national or regional specialized accrediting agency, such credits must be from a comparably accredited program. In the case of a request for transfer credit for technical or specialty courses from a non-specially accredited program, the college shall provide appropriate means for the validation of the student’s competency in the technical specialty course areas.
- This policy shall appear in all college catalogs.